Thursday, August 18, 2005

Corporate Criticism

I have a serious gripe with a news agency in New Jersey. I received a phone call yesterday afternoon asking if I could come in tomorrow for an interview. Of course I can't, I live in Colorado for the next week. So I told the woman my situation and asked if it'd be OK for me to interview on the 29th. She said she'd get back to me because she'd have to look at the schedule. Two hours later I received this e-mail:
Matthew,

I wanted to follow-up with you regarding your application for the
Assistant Editor – See the News before the Rest of the World job.
While your qualifications are excellent, it
has been determined that there are candidates who are a better fit
for this position. Should the requirements for this job change or if
we identify other jobs, we will notify you.
Thanks again and best of luck,
John
Sorry folks, but I smell a skunk here. I don't think I'd want to work for a comany that sends out e-mails like this to potential employees whom they originally deem qualified.
So, if anyone would like to offer this writer/editor/proofreader a quality job (I'm not talking big salary, but rather respect), please e-mail me. And for other reference, my Web site has a copy of my resume.

No comments: