Thursday, February 01, 2007

Announcement

And things I forgot in the last post(s)...
Thanks to my friend calling me a "crack fiend" for not making this announcement earlier... I got engaged a few days ago. We're quite happy and we have no plans yet so don't ask.

Another Yahoo rant: I signed up for Yahoo voice since my new apartment has no phone and I'd like to talk to my parents. I put some money on it to dial out. I thought I'd try it out and call my grandparents. I'm not sure if it's the crappy headset/mic that's giving me problems or the bad internet or if it's just Yahoo. Either way, I can hear my grandparents pick up the phone but they can't hear me. I'd like to get Skype, but it just won't download in China... I've tried half a dozen times.

And I'll be on hiatus for a few days. We're leaving tomorrow morning to catch the ferry to Zhuhai and then on to Macau to fly to Bangkok. I'll be back Feb. 15 in time for Spring Festival celebrations. Very strange how the taxes on the flights are more expensive than the tickets themselves. Two tickets to Bangkok are 1112 MOP (Macau Patacas). The taxes are 1148MOP. Still those are some cheap tickets.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you tried using Google Talk? It's free, but I don't know if you can download it/use it or not. Anyway, you can make calls from it as long as the other person is logged in at the same time as you.

jhuber7672 said...

Congrats on the engagement!

Matthew said...

Laura, apparently it isn't Yahoo this time... it's China Telecom's slow internet service.