Thursday, June 14, 2007

Du Fu on Friday

Things are still going well. It looks like the sun is peeking through the clouds and pollution (just wait, it'll still rain later today). The excessively loud construction noises have stopped and I can actually sleep in every now and then. I also got some great news yesterday (more to come on that next week).

Anyway, lately I've been searching the Internet for some Chinese poetry with decent English translations. I've found some that seems ok. I mentioned it to one of my students last night and he said he'd find some for me and even write the Pinyin down so I can read it. I still have my goal to improve my Chinese so that I can translate some writing. But that's still a long way off.
This photo was taken at Du Fu's Thatched Cottage in Chengdu. I think it's a sign of true civility.

No comments: