Thursday, February 28, 2008

Time for a Vacation

This post is brought to you by Riverbend Angler Resort

Although it's been nice relaxing for an extra week due to the error in class scheduling, I'm already looking forward to this summer's break. Unfortunately, because my university is from the north of China, we're on the northern schedule. This means we get a longer winter break and a shorter summer, which is almost torture in the heat and humidity of Shenzhen.

One place I've wanted to visit for some time is Montana (and it has nothing to do with that kid of Billy Ray Cyrus). Montana vacation rentals do sound like an intriguing getaway. It seems like a bit too much luxury for adventure in the outdoors, but I'm sure there are plenty of people who would love some nature from the comfort of a cabin equipped with a 50-inch plasma TV. Personally, I'd enjoy the Bighorn River fly fishing--although I've only tried fly fishing once.

The Web site for the Montana cabin rentals and vacation packages is rather interesting. They provide some useful information about the area, including history of Fort Smith. The sire is easy to navigate and loads quickly (even on a slow connection from China Telecom). Unfortunately, I doubt I'll scrape up enough money by July to rent a cabin out there. If I'm lucky, I might persuade my wife to go camping--but that's not likely either. I suppose I'll just have to keep dreaming of my kind of vacation.

1 comment:

jhuber7672 said...

I miss Montana. Someday I'll get back out there.