Sunday, March 15, 2009

Safe Returns

Jia and I arrived back in the states late Friday night. I love being able to get into the first-class lounge at Hong Kong airport with a coach ticket. Asiana was a decent airline--though the food was better on the way to Seoul than it was to JFK. The first eight hours from Seoul to New York was the most turbulant flight I've ever experienced. But at least we're home.

I had to wait more than an hour for Jia to make it through customs with all her immigration paperwork. They had to send her to a private interrogation room before allowing her to pass through. From what she told me, they were making sure her application was accurrate and our relationship is genuine. It didn't help that I had no clue what was going on, and I wasn't sure if I had accidentally taken any important documents through customs.

Monday we'll plan to send out plenty more job applications in the hopes of finding work soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck to you and Jia mate!