Monday, April 03, 2006

idiots and rants and apologies

First the apologies:
I am very sorry I haven't been keeping up with this blog. I will have some movie reviews soon... I promise. I have been seeing some in China. I will probably try to write a couple short ones of "Good night, and good luck" and "Walk the line". Here's the preview: positive.
Also, if anyone is interested in seeing photos of China (I have been to Shenzhen, Guangzhou, Guilin, Yangshuo, Shanghai, and Zhouzhuang), let me know and I'll send you a link or something.
On the rant end:
I recently received this anonymous e-mail about my blog. I think this refers to my little observance of a performance in Shenzhen catering to foreigners and the terrible translations that we were provided. The person who sent the e-mail must be more of a pompous jackass than I am without a sense of humor. All I have to say is, "the sauce explodes the chicken rabbit." (Credit must be given to the Yangshuo dumpling restaurant for that one.) And I have a few dozen other really funny translations for you... some others weren't even put into English--like the sign that said, in Chinese, something about selling "stupid chicken and duck".
This is unedited from the e-mail.
Re: your blog, Dec. 27 The English program made no sense? Have you ever considered that English is a foreign language in China? You should be thankful that the event organizers even made an attempt to use English. They didn't have to. An attempt was made to communicate with you and you critiized it. You're not in Kansas anymore. Should the world bow down to you and your language. Are you that important?

No comments: