Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Bad Wine

They were selling wine in Tao Yuan Ju today. I stopped by on the way back from buying some fruit. I thought it was Great Wall wine, but it was just an imitation with labels that resembled it. The girls offered me a taste. I made a disgusting face and said, "Bu xihuan." They were impressed that I knew Chinese. They started asking me questions and all I caught was "Why don't you like it." I didn't know how to explain it to them. It was a dry red wine that was absolutely tasteless. It was like drinking red yeast. I was just terrible. I wouldn't even use that crap for cooking.
As a side note: the wine is Eastern Pearl. I'm guessing it probably uses water from the Pearl River (one of the most polluted in the world). I'll probably die in the next 48 hours from some sort of poisoning.

No comments: