Monday, November 06, 2006

I should've stayed in HK

I took a short trip this weekend to Hong Kong. It was a fun time and it's always nice to get out of Bao'an district. But I shoudn't have come back. This is getting ridiculous. I really do hate my job. Where the hell is the communication that is supposed to happen in Tsinghua Experimental School in Shenzhen?

I'm talking about why they haven't informed me of anything. Last month we had a week of vacation. They neglected to inform me that I should be back in the office on Sunday following the vacation for classes. I was informed by another foreign teacher after the vacation had started. That was strike one.

Today, I was informed at 10 am (the time I arrive for my first class on Mondays) that I should put together an exam for my grade 10/11 class for either today or tomorrow. Well, considering their class was in an hour, I said I'd do it tomorrow. Then at lunch, I received a phone call explaining that I should create another listening/oral exam for my years 5/6, 7/8, and 9 by the end of today to be included in their midterm exams for later in the week. These exams that I should create should be worth 30% of the grade and take about 30 minutes. How the hell am I supposed to put together three more exams by 3:20 this afternoon (when I have my last few classes of the day)?

Why do I tolerate this? I insist on being told important information at least a week in advance. Is that asking too much?

No comments: