Wednesday, December 20, 2006

It's a little late to note, but in case you missed it, Joe Barbara died at the age of 95. This is worth mentioning here because I once met the man when I was 13. I was interested in collecting cartoon art, even though I didn't have enough money to buy much. But a gallery in New Jersey hosted a signing with Barbara and my parents took me to meet him. I couldn't afford to purchase any of the art at the time, but my parents graceously bought a Hannah-Barbara book for me that I got signed. I was fascinated to meet the co-creator of some of my favorite cartoon characters.

And an update from the previous post: no problems. Apparently, my boss was informed of class cancellations, but the Chinese staff was not. I've given up on thinking logically when it comes to business and education around here.

No comments: