Thursday, May 01, 2008

Was That a Protest?

I'm beginning to think I really do live among the apathetic community in China. May 1 was supposed to be the big protest/boycott of Carrefour and all things French. I think there may have been some talk about boycotts against American, German, and Japanese stuff as well, but I don't have confirmation yet.

Anyway, we went to Carrefour today to see the protest. There wasn't any. Worst protest ever.

We saw a few people going in the opposite direction with their shopping bags. We saw plenty of shoppers stocking up on deals around the store. Granted, being a holiday today, it should've looked like a mall at Christmas. Instead, there were maybe a hundred people. Guess I have nothing to worry about when it comes to safety around here... just have to watch out for the cars on the sidewalk.

No comments: