Thursday, August 21, 2008

Again with the Typhoons

Typhoon Nuri is headed my way today. When I checked yesterday afternoon the course was set for the eye of the storm to pass right over Hong Kong with winds at about 130 km/hr (I don't know my metric conversions). There are a lot of dark clouds over Hong Kong as I can see from my window, and the wind is picking up a bit, but no rain yet.

Just glad I don't have work yet. I'm supposed to go into the office Monday and then classes start the next week (I think).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1046255/On-marks-set-Lego-Welcome-Olympics-everyones-quick-blocks.html


Good tracking map

Anonymous said...

ooops. sorry wrong link .....

http://www.wunderground.com/wundermap/?lat=21.20000&lon=115.10000&zoom=6&type=hyb&rad=0&wxsn=0&svr=0&cams=0&sat=0&riv=0&mm=0&hur=1&hur.wr=0&hur.cod=1&hur.fx=1&hur.obs=1&hur.opa=70&hur.img=0&fire=0

stan said...

my friend's flight to Guangzhou was cancelled last night due to typhoon which hit the city. Is this similar?

jhuber7672 said...

Wishing you well during the storm. Maybe you'll get a snow day!