Friday, January 29, 2010

Retreat

I was talking with an American poet and professor in China, and he mentioned wanting to set up a writers' retreat in China. Of course, he made a reference to having the retreat above the clouds as a source of inspiration for the ancient poets. While I knew that was impossible, I figured I could suggest a location that would be close enough.

I do think Tian Chi in Xinjiang would make a great backdrop for a writers' retreat in China. I just hope Jia and I can save enough money to travel out there this summer (even if there are no other writers to meet).

1 comment:

R.E.D. said...

Hello, I am a South Asian history professor at a US university who will be teaching at the University of Shanghai in June. I am looking for a writer's retreat I can join anywhere in China starting mid July. Does any such place exist? Cheer, EDR