Friday, March 07, 2008

Just Visiting

Jia's friends from Xinjiang are visiting Shenzhen. They're mostly here on business, but we get to hang out with them a bit for meals and drinks. Only one of them I hadn't met previously. The two I have met are some of the nicest people I could know--a recently married couple Jia has known since at least middle school. They make me contemplate moving to Jia's hometown to work, but that would be really far and extremely cold.

As if I needed another reason to like my wife's friends, they gave me a reminder of how great they are. During dinner last night, my mother-in-law was talking about me and other foreigners for some reason (I didn't understand all of it and kind of zoned out a bit). King of the North piped in with, "He's not a foreigner, he's family." (in Chinese, of course). If he keeps it up, I might have to change the name of this blog.

1 comment:

jhuber7672 said...

It's always nice to have friends visit and glad to see you're now officially family :)