Sunday, October 30, 2005

We are experiencing technical difficulties

This may sound strange, but I cannot access my blog. But yet, I can post. The theory is that the Chinese government blocks access to blogs. Still not sure why I'm allowed to post then. We'll deal with it somehow.
Anyway, all's well here in Shenzhen. The city was just named the model city for China for it's economic and health success.
I still have no idea what I'm doing when I go to the grocery store. All I can really recognize are a few packages that written in partial English and the vegetables. I think I need to ask some of the Chinese teachers to accompany me to the store to help me figure out what all these items are. It's either that or I better learn Chinese fast. And that wouldn't be such a bad idea... it might help when I want to order some food at the restaurant downstairs. On that note, the hallway smells like Chinese food. That's not a complaint, just an observation.

No comments: