Thursday, January 24, 2008

Many Happy Returns

Jia and I arrived in New Jersey yesterday. It was a pleasant trip. I'm still feeling a bit of shock being home, but I'll survive.

I have to place a plug for Continental Airlines because they gave us some great service. I've never had a bad flight with them, and this one was no exception. We arrived an hour early at Newark, which is great on a flight that's supposed to be 16 hours. And it was the smoothest landing I can remember. Now, all they need to do is get a deal with the airport ferry from Hong Kong airport so I can return to Shenzhen more easily.

The other shock was at customs. The first of the series of pleasant surprises was that Jia was allowed to stand in line with me (foreign spouses have privileges). And everyone at customs was really friendly--they all greeted us and were polite... did I really land in Jersey?

No comments: