Wednesday, March 07, 2007

All work and no play...

Because another foreign teacher is ill, I have been called upon to start work two days early. I don't mind much, it's an extra six hours for the week. In all, I'll make enough this week to pay my rent. Plus, I think this week is in the current pay period, which means I should get paid at the end of March rather than the end of April.
On another note, I'm trying some of the small-time paying web site out there. My feeling so far is, it was a waste of my time. I think I've made a whole $0.40 in the last three days. Hardly seems worth it. I think I'll stick to writing articles for a little cash and adding Google ads on the side for a few extra pennies. The most worthwhile endeavors online so far have been Gather and Associated Content. Gather has it's glitches, but it's more of a fun thing to use anyway. Associated Content pays a little, but I certainly wouldn't give them anything I could potentially sell elsewhere. Most of the writing on that site is pretty bad and you have to dig deep to find anything worth reading. Still, I'll take $10 from them for a hotel review when I have them. A few dollars does go a long way in China.

1 comment:

jhuber7672 said...

As you know, I'm in agreement with you about AC; there is some pretty poorly written stuff but it's nice for quick cash. Glad Gather.com's working out for ya.