Monday, March 26, 2007

Moldy

More bad news lately. My apartment is a little moldy. They sure screwed up when they refurbished this place. The phone line was so damaged that the phone company had to run the wires through the door to hook up my Internet service. The bathroom has two drains--one doesn't work and the other is so small that the floor is constantly wet. There's also a huge mosquito population just outside the door that get in every time I go out. Hmm... I better watch for Dengue Fever soon or invest in a bug zapper.

But mold is getting bad in this humid climate. My wonderful propaganda poster that I purchased in Beijing is growing mold now. This means I have to spend another 15 kuai on a new one before I go home for the summer. So, today I must go out in search of a dehumidifier--I'm told they do exist and I was even given a wonderful note in Chinese about them.

On another note, last week I worked a ton of hours. But it's worth it. In two and a half weeks, I have made enough money to live for well for two months. I also got some positive feedback from my students via my boss. They were worried my classes weren't interactive enough--now they apparently are just fine. It just took a little while for me to get accustomed to my new materials and students.

1 comment:

jhuber7672 said...

Ew! I have a little mold issue here in Florida, too, but doesn't sound as bad. Sorry it's taking over and hope you get it under control.