Thursday, July 10, 2008

Back to the PSB

Today I went to the other Public Security Bureau office--the one for "immigration" as they say. My co-worker had all the documents in order to get my new residence permit. We were prepared for the worst after hearing all the horror stories.

After waiting 45 minutes for our number to be called (rather quick, I thought), we went up to window 6. I was definitely worried after watching this visa officer have what looked like a harsh argument with a Korean family. He certainly was not happy when we arrived at his post--I heard him complain to a colleague about the Hanguoren (Koreans). I guess that encounter left him without any desire to talk because he didn't ask any questions and barely looked at the documents. He didn't even look at me. We were finished with the process in five minutes. I should have a new visa in my passport next Thursday.

I guess I lucked out this time.

No comments: