Thursday, July 24, 2008

New Business Plan

Or maybe it's just another ploy to avoid talking to some people.

My wife had a custom shirt made for me as a one-year anniversary gift. The idea of this evolved out of many conversations with J. Some of my co-workers thought it was funny and suggested that I have more made so I can wear it every day. Who knows, maybe it'll be profitable.

The front says: Say hello to me 5 yuan, shake hands with me 10 yuan, take my picture 25 yuan, and have a conversation with me for a lot of Tsingtao.
I especially like the back--it has some poor grammar. Jia claims she wrote it properly and blames the whoever made the shirt for the error. It would be better if it was also in Chinese.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your t-shirt! I want one as well! I would just change the Tsingtao for Yanjing... let's face it every foreigner is believed to drink Tsintao... if you're local you drink Yanjing!

CountLubinstein said...

Have you turned a profit yet?

joey said...

haha, you're t-shirt is just hilarious!

Anonymous said...

Very cool shirt :-)

Should have worn that one last summer. I would have earned roughly 100kuai last summer.

Anonymous said...

Do Í have to say anything else.

http://www.dirtydogzuptown.com/

Ltez go :-)

Matthew said...

Serge, we don't have any Yanjing beer in Shenzhen.

Mike, no profit yet. Some people look scared to talk to me now.

Peter, should I have one waiting for your next trip to China?

Anonymous said...

Matt: That would be the bomb, but as it looks right now that may be way out in the future. Do you take orders from outside China? ;-)

Next big thing will be my in-laws coming here, and that's all our economy can handle for 2 years :-(

Also next time we go to China, it won't be Shenzhen, but Shanghai in hunt for new experiences, even though I have a strange connection to Shenzhen after my first trip to China was exactly there. If we cross Shenzhen, make sure you get one ready for me :-)

Ps.: A cold beer too!

Unknown said...

Good blogs of the New Business Plan.

as it looks right now that may be way out in the future.

Brain
xocai